CONDITIONAL REGISTRATION SOUTH AUSTRALIA
The Jensen Car Club of Australia (JCCA) is authorised to administer the Conditional Registration scheme for eligible vehicles.
This is a privilege which comes with legal obligations for the club and participating members.
Please ensure you comply with all the requirements outlined on the South Australian Government ’s web site at:
There is a Code of Practice which outlines the requirements and responsibilities.
JCCA Authorised Person – Bryan Gregson Phone: 0412 126 335 Email: email@example.com
Applicants must be a financial member of a recognised motor vehicle club. In the case of the Jensen Car Club, we are required to notify the Registrar by 28 February each year of any members on conditional registration who cease to be financial members of the Jensen club.
Members can have a non-Jensen vehicle on conditional registration providing they already have a Jensen registered on the scheme through the Jensen Car Club.
Historic, left hand drive and street rod vehicles may be:
• conditionally registered to obtain reduced fees
• registered for periods of one, two or three years
• driven on a road for up to 90 days during any one year period of registration.
The following conditions apply to vehicles registered under the conditional registration scheme for historic, left hand drive and street rod vehicles.
• The vehicle cannot be driven for fee, hire or reward.
• The owner of the vehicle must be a financial member of a recognised motor vehicle club.
• Before the start of each journey, details of the journey must be recorded in a log book.
• The owner must make their vehicle available for inspection at the request of the Registrar of Motor Vehicles or their recognised motor vehicle club.
Log books must be:
• issued by recognised motor vehicle clubs
• in a form approved by the Registrar of Motor Vehicles
• carried in the vehicle at all times during a journey.
A motor vehicle is a historic vehicle if 30 years or more have elapsed since 1 January of the year in which the vehicle was manufactured.
1. Complete the application form
• Complete an MR1 application for registration and third party insurance form (87.8 KB PDF).
• Complete an MR334 Approval for registration of a vehicle on the Club Registration Scheme. This form must be approved by an authorised person nominated by the recognised motor vehicle club for this purpose. For the Jensen Car Club, this is Bryan Gregson - firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Lodge the forms
Lodge the completed application forms at a Service SA customer service centre with the following:
• the prescribed fees
• For a historic vehicle, any exemption issued by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, Vehicle Standards, Kateena Street, Regency Park (where applicable).
• If the vehicle is a left hand drive, the left hand drive exemption issued by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, Vehicle Standards, Kateena Street, Regency Park.
• If the vehicle is a street rod vehicle, the certificate of exemption issued by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, Vehicle Standards, Kateena Street, Regency Park.