Club Permit Schemes

Queensland Special Interest Vehicle Concession Scheme

Queensland Special Interest Vehicle Concession Scheme

The Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads rules allow motoring clubs incorporated outside Queensland to sponsor Queensland members for Special Interest Vehicle Concession Scheme plates. A concession (or restricted registration) is available if you are registering a classic or vintage car, street rod or historic vehicle. The concession depends on the vehicle being used under strictly defined conditions, and this results in the reduced fees and compulsory third party insurance premium. There is a guide to the requirements for registering vehicles under the scheme which owners should read: For JCCA QLD members wishing to apply for Special Interest Vehicle registration, the club will issue you with a letter to support your application. In the first instance, contact the JCCA Authorised Person or the Motoring Officer to obtain the letter. This is a privilege which comes with legal obligations for the JCCA and the participating member so please ensure you comply with all requirements outlined by the QLD authorities.

JCCA Authorised Person

        • David Cullen

        • Phone: 0402 186005

        • Email:

How To Apply

Complete the registration concession application (F3937) and take it to your nearest transport and motoring customer service centre or, if you live in a rural area, a QGAP office, Magistrates Court or local police station which provides vehicle registration services — please call to confirm before visiting.

You will also need to bring standard evidence of identity and proof of eligibility.

Ordinarily you are required to provide evidence of current membership with a Queensland incorporated vehicle club or association to be eligible for this concession, but the letter from the JCCA (which is incorporated in Victoria) will be accepted in lieu. Club membership must be maintained while the vehicle is registered under the scheme.

The JCCA will provide evidence of your current membership which is required to:

         • be on club letterhead   
        • include details of your vehicle (make, model, year and chassis number)
        • be signed by a club official.

A dating certificate is only required if the Department of Transport and Main Roads cannot verify the date of manufacture for your vehicle (from an existing or previous vehicle record, import papers, or from the identification or manufacturer’s plate). If a dating certificate is required, a dating officer (or club official) will need to certify the vehicle’s authenticity and year of manufacture. This must be on club or official letterhead and include details of the vehicle (make, model, year and chassis number).